Pistol Australia Media Release – Travel to 2021 National Championship Events
today 2, February 2021
Pistol Australia has received several questions from competitors re the decision to proceed with 2021 Pistol Australia National Championships in all disciplines. After consultation with all States and Territory Associations the following statement is provided for clarification on responsibilities and costs associated with the scheduled events.
What if Pistol Australia proceeds with a National Championships event and there is an outbreak and/or borders close during the event?
- The health and safety of all event attendees, as well as minimizing the travel and financial risk for individuals and State/Territory teams, will form an important part of National Championships planning for Pistol Australia and the host State/Territory. Pistol Australia encourages all attendees to continually monitor local and national travel advice. Pistol Australia will also continually monitor the travel advice.
- For most States and Territories, there has been a window of 24 to 48 hours when borders have closed. The responsibility will be on the individuals and State/Territory teams to ensure they are across any travel requirements should they need to return home.
- The risk of some home borders closing is a possibility and individuals and State/Territory teams need to consider this when making travel arrangements. With individuals and State/Territory teams responsible for their own travel and accommodation, the risk will sit with the individuals and State/Territory teams to manage this situation if it occurs.
- Pistol Australia will try to assist where we can, but this assistance may be very limited as we do not manage the travel plans.
- Individuals and State/Territory teams must also consider any potential quarantine, transport, accommodation and associated costs resulting from border closures, lockdowns and restricted movement imposed by State/Territory Governments as they would be the responsibility of the individuals and State/Territory teams involved and will not be covered by Pistol Australia or its insurance policy. While this is the absolute worst-case scenario, individuals and State/Territory teams must be aware of this risk.
The National Championships covered by this statement include:
- 2021 Metallic Silhouette Small Bore and Field Pistol National Championships – Sporting Shooters Pistol Club, Canberra, ACT -5th to 7th Match 2021
- 2021 Pistol Australia National Championships – Metropolitan Pistol Club, Brisbane, Queensland – 26th to 31st March 2021
- 2021 ISSF National Championships – Brisbane International Shooting Centre, Queensland – 31st March to 4th April 2021
- 2021 Action Pistol National Championships – Yarra Pistol Club, Victoria – 26th to 29th August 2021
- 2021 Metallic Silhouette Big Bore National Championships – Toogoolawah Pistol Club, Queensland – 17th to 19th September 2021
Most recent news
The January 2021 edition of the Pistol Australia Bulletin has been released and can be found at the following link – https://pistol.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/PistolAustralia-Bulletin-JAN21_web.pdf Copies will be posted to all State/Territory Secretaries/Offcies plus all registered clubs on 22 February 2021.Read more…
Pistol Australia has received several questions from competitors re the decision to proceed with 2021 Pistol Australia National Championships in all disciplines. After consultation with all States and Territory Associations the following statement is provided for clarification on responsibilities and costs associated with the scheduled events. What if Pistol Australia proceeds with a […]Read more…
The Management and Executive Committees of Pistol Australia, which includes representatives from all States and Territories, met on Thursday 21st January 2021 to discuss the staging of the 2021 National Championships in view of the ongoing pandemic. It was unanimously decided that all 2021 National Championships will proceed as scheduled. Please see list below. The […]Read more…